Aug 8, 2011

Dark Tower via Weird West

Has anyone else read Stuart's Weird West rpg (WW) and thought it would make an awesome fit for Stephen King's Dark Tower world? I did a brief Google search on the two and haven't found anything along these lines yet. Maybe that will be my final summer project before work heats up next week.

A new Dark Tower book is scheduled for release next year. It's titled The Wind Through The Keyhole. Since WW is so easy to run, I think it would make a neat addition to my book club, which will invariably be reading King's next work.

As a King fan, I've followed the entire bumpy trail that is the Dark Tower. At times I've sung its praises and at others have struggled just to make it the author's note at the end. However, it presents characters, settings, and frequent action sequences that make it an ideal fit for WW.

Any other fans out there care to offer their two cents?

5 comments:

  1. HBA Welcome Wagon...

    Thank you for being part of the Alliance!

    Jeremy [iZombie]
    HBA Staff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Tower book? Didn't hear about that. Off to check out the book-webz, I guess!

    I still need to get Weird West, but from what I've read, it does sound like a good fit for a Dark Tower game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I've been having trouble with Yahoo mail the last few days. Not sure why. I got your map mods. Cool stuff. Thanks! I just haven't been able to get the reply window to load up to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think that would be a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty good idea. I love the early Dark Tower books (and have been really enjoying the look of it in the Marvel adaptations).

    I had been thinking of doing an homage using Mutant Future, and playing up the gonzo and high-tech angle more, but I'll be interested to see how it would look with something closer to core D&D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting to the Digital Orc! Be sure to pick up a copy of one of my old-school modules available at RPGNow.com!